The confidentiality of client information is an important concern of Lek Securities UK Limited. We take precautions to safeguard client personal information at all times, and we will remain vigilant in protecting that information. The provisions of this privacy notice will apply to former clients as well as current clients.
We collect personal information about you that is either required or necessary to provide you with financial products or services. We may obtain this information from the following sources.
- Information we receive, from you on account applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, social security number, occupation, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us or a non-affiliated third party such as account balances, payment history, and account activity.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit bureau reports and other information relating to your creditworthiness.
Lek Securities UK Limited commits to complying with the Data Protection Act (DPA) and any future legislation enacted in replacement of the DPA. We will only disclose certain information about you after complying withDPA rules, under the following circumstances:
- Where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required under law to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
- To consumer reporting agencies.
- To our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. These service providers, in turn, are required to protect the confidentiality and security of any information we give to them and may not reuse it for any other purpose.
- To any associate or agent of ours in relation to the provision of the services we provide you in the course of our dealings.
Lek Securities restricts access to your personal account(s) and information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the industry standards to safeguard your nonpublic, personal information. Third parties who have access to such personal information must agree to follow appropriate standards of security and confidentiality.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, you will need to provide us with reasonably satisfactory evidence of the identity of your legal entity, directors, officers, associates, employees or agents, and such other matters as we may require in each case.
What this means for you: We will ask for the business name, business address, and other information that allows us to identify the business and signatories. We may also ask to see other identifying documents showing existence of the business.
Lek Securities uses electronic data sources which can provide confirmatory material for the verification of identity without directly involving you. Where such sources are used for a credit check, your permission is required under the provisions of the DPA. However, a search for the purposes of the prevention of money laundering and combating financial crime is distinct from conventional credit search history. A search of electronic data sources may be undertaken, but only for the purposes of anti-money laundering and combating financial crime as explained.
Lek Securities UK Limited may store Personal Data (as defined in the DPA) and other such data in the United States of America. Such data will only be stored in the United States as is necessary to carry out the services we provide you in the course of business.
We trust that this clarifies our position on client confidentiality, and look forward to being of service to you in the future.